Sustainable Indigenous Employment Framework
We aim for a business model with a clear way to sustainable employment and empowerment of Aboriginal people.
WISDOM in Your Life has a two prong process to address this. Aboriginal workers need to be empowered and have a better understanding of corporate workplace and corporate workers need to have a better understanding of Aboriginal culture, so the interface between them is not harsh.
Barriers to employing Aboriginal people
Several issues exists which make employing and retaining Aboriginal staff difficult:
- The well documented Aboriginal disadvantage, which at the crux is a false belief that Aboriginal people are inferior to non-Aboriginal people
- Fear (8 out of 10 non-Aboriginal people have never spoken to an Aboriginal person)
- Trans-generational trauma,
- Corporate and Aboriginal cultures are different
We offer a one-stop shop for Aboriginal employment.
- Cultural integrity for both individual employees and their workplace.
- Self-integrity with a focus on empowerment.
- Customised work readiness/capacity programs.
- Employment Action Plans for Aboriginal and all employee’s.
- Indigenous and Psychological mechanisms to provide robust support.